Saturday, May 28, 2011

On Gambling Part 2

Senator Conroy had to send a Departmental officer to give his speech to RadComms 2011. We were informed he was attending a meeting of State Ministers on gambling. Given that his cancellation to the ACMA looked moderately late, it can be assumed his presence at the meeting was a late addition.

But why was he there?

Simply because they announced a twelve month option for better self-regulation of gambling advertising .. or they will regulate.

Seems like a totally new idea - the newspapers don't refer to it as having been discussed at all.

The only place I've seen it has been this blog on 11 April. I'll fantacise for a da that I really had this much influence... I'm sure someone will correct me.

Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: