Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Head of the River

My year at Sydney Grammar School did not produce any rowing champions. It did produce the only Australian to have won the America's Cup twice (Grant Simmer on Australia II and Alingi) and Oscar winning cinematographer Andrew Lesnie (Lord of the Rings).

Last Saturday the school won the rowing championship - the Head of the River.

I often embed video here but the formatting cuts off a bit. Today I ask you to follow the link to this video which is truly brilliant. Maybe another Lesnie in the making.

Note 1: But the school probably needs to work on spelling and use of apostrophes as one line of the subtitling through the (Barmy Army inspired I'd say) chant.

Note 2: We never needed that many Police to control us when I was at SGS.

Note 3: what does it say about the world that I only realised SGS won the Head of the River when sometime commentor here VicN sent me an e-mail to tell me - from Singapore!

(and in case you are too lazy to follow the link;




Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

No comments: