Friday, March 04, 2011

It is all too much ...

King John wasn't evil, just a bad politician. It was all just made up by the Victorians (those south of 1900 not the Murray River).

The NBN will help kiddie fiddlers because there will be too many service providers for the spooks to watch. And I thought the real problem was the NBn would be too slow because of the "filter".

The Pope seems to think it important to exonerate the Jews over Jesus' death. I never understood the whole idea of "blaming" them. According to Christian theology Jesus had to die on the cross as atonement for our sins. He had to be resurrected for us to believe in his resurrection. If he hadn't been executed he'd have died a forgotten old man.

Time to go watch some rugby. Go the 'Tahs.


Novae Meridianae Demetae Dexter delenda est

2 comments:

ian said...

I am not sure if the comment about the AFP is meant to be sarcasm, but their thesis is ludicrous.
There will still be 2 interceptable services, internet and telephony which SP are obliged to intercept (unless the AFP wants to monitor which movies we watch).
I know ASIO found it much easier when there was only carrier, but this is hardly an argument against competition.

The NBN may increase competition, but most arguments advanced is that it will have the opposite effect.

The AFP would be better worrying about technology change e.g. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/01/self_destructing_flash_drives/

Vic N said...

I never asked JC to "die for my sins". My sins are my business, and nobody elses! Tell him to naff off and mind his own business!

I once sat in a church and heard a sermon about "christ-killers". I don't think that will ever go away....this virus seems ingrained in believers.